Parent Teacher Policy for Verity Academy East Bay
1. We agree to pursue a standard of excellence in education by teaching life skills and academics from a Biblical perspective, emphasizing the Word of God as ultimate Truth. We also agree to diligently and consistently teach our children a course of study fitting to their physical and mental capabilities, and to provide parental supervision during school hours. We understand that teaching a class focused on the Bible specifically is required for all students each year and that this subject will be reflected on their quarterly report card.
2. All students in grades K-12 who are home educated must be privately home educated, and not enrolled in a public homeschool program, since Verity Academy East Bay offers a family membership to all the homeschooled students within a family.
3. We understand that if we choose to make any changes during the school year in regard to our children’s enrollment in another school program, public or private, part time, or full, that this would affect our family being members in Verity Academy East Bay. We agree to contact the Board immediately regarding any such changes. We understand that enrolling our children in a different school or educational program which requires more than 8 hours of weekly classroom learning time, will likely mean that we must terminate our association with Verity Academy.
4. Whenever cumulative files need to be transferred from the Academy to another school, except during summer months, there will be a $30 fee.
5. In our home both parents are in agreement concerning home education.
6. We understand that we are responsible for purchasing or acquiring our curriculum and teaching supplies.
7. We understand as Full or Full Paperwork Only Members, that it is our responsibility to obtain or access the record keeping forms provided by Verity Academy, before the deadline date when they are due. We will keep records and submit the required paperwork by the scheduled dates. If reports are delinquent, we, as parents, agree to pay the late fees as specified. We understand that repeated delinquency results in automatic dismissal from Verity Academy. We will make copies of everything we turn in to the Academy.
8. We agree to ensure that our children are in attendance a minimum of 180 days during the academic school year which runs from August 1st until July 31st.
9. We understand that Verity Academy East Bay is not Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited, as is the case with many private schools. Although private independent study is a legal option for education in California, it is within the jurisdiction of individual colleges and schools to either accept or deny previous credit earned through Private School Satellite programs such as Verity Academy. Verity Academy will provide as much support and assistance as possible should a need arise, but does not accept responsibility for the final decision which rests in the authority of the accepting institution.
10. We understand that when our children attend school-sponsored activities, we are required to attend with them and are responsible for their behavior, safety, and supervision or we agree to assign a specific adult to supervise and responsibly fill our position. All students and parents attending any and all Verity Academy events and activities must at all time use language, attitudes and behavior which is respectful of God and others.
11. We understand that Verity Academy is run by a parent volunteer team and Board of Directors and each family (PWO exempted) is expected to volunteer. We agree to fulfill this requirement. If we cannot fulfill this requirement due to family emergencies or health issues, we agree to contact a Board Member as soon as possible. We understand that failures to commit to or keep the minimum volunteer requirements without approval would result in our membership being suspended or (for Full Members) switched to Paperwork Only Membership until reinstated by a Board Member.
12. We understand that we likely will be contacted throughout the school year by a Board Member concerning paperwork, volunteer commitments, or Academy business. Failure to return phone calls, e-mails or any contact made by a Board Member without cause or in a timely manner could result in the termination of the relationship that we have with Verity Academy or a suspension in our membership.
13. We as a Full or Paperwork Only Members, understand that while Verity Academy is maintaining student cumulative records for our students, Verity Academy East Bay is not responsible for any student’s actual education.
14. We agree to maintain our membership with HSLDA for the entire academic year.
15. All families and their enrolled students must reside in California.
16. When students are gathered together for fellowship or educational purposes, the coordinating volunteer or teacher of a supplementary class may request that the students put away all screens and phones during the gathering so to encourage and promote face-to-face communication and interaction. Parents agree to instruct their own children to obey other adults in authority at Verity Academy events and to comply immediately with any requests regarding storing away technology.
17. We also agree that our relationship with Verity Academy East Bay is by mutual consent and that either we or the Academy may terminate this relationship by written notification at any time. Additionally, a breach in any part of the policy may result in our not being offered registration options with Verity Academy in the future.
Your “YES” signature indicates that you understand, agree with and will abide by, uphold and support each policy.